Japanese construction worker clothing.
Ibeching and I were watching NHK World and we saw some footage of Japanese construction workers. I realized that I had never seen the very peculiar clothes these workers wear on Tumblr before.
This blog post from Awesome Robo has MANY examples of this type of clothing:
“TOBI - THE ART OF JAPANESE CONSTRUCTION WEAR”
They are made by a Japanese company called “Tobi”:
Tobi trousers on Wikipedia:
This is a call to all the Autumn Men out there: recreate the photo from this article from The Onion! You don’t have to be wearing a sweater over plaid (like in the original article), but you sure as hell should be bearded, holding a coffee cup, and standing before Autumn scenery.
I’m the one on the top. My buddy Olen is on the bottom. I would really like to meet the original guy from The Onion’s article (in the middle). When that article first came out, several friends sent me links and tripped me out considerably.
Thanks for the laughs, Mr. Brandon Graham.
- A dead Zentraedi from Robotech Episode 20 “The Robotech Masters”
- One of Moebius’ Starwatchers
- Tyler Crook’s heartbreaking Moebius tribute: “Starloser”
- The same dead Zentraedi from Robotech Episode 20 “The Robotech Masters”
- The corpse of Tsewang Paljor, AKA "Green Boots" - a de facto waypoint on the way up Mt. Everest at 27,890 feet. His body has been there since 1996.
- A corpse on Mt. Everest that I cannot identify. He is thought to have originally perished while resting on a snowbank that has since melted.
One of the most glorious commercials of all time.
A fantasy-themed Japanese commercial for Pocari Sweat featuring Cindy Crawford. The spot was based on conceptual art drawn by Moebius.
The concept art is blissful and quietly epic, like much of Moebius’ work. However, it was ultimately rendered in a seductively bizarre, toy-like fashion - firmly embedded, like Roland’s sword, deep in 1987.
The commercial may have been a follow up to another, much more strange, Pocari Sweat commercial from 1986. This one was NOT designed by Moebius.
Casual cat superpowers
(via Yes â€¦.. - Pixdaus)